Monday, June 23, 2014

United States Women's National Soccer Team 2014

In the midst of a very exciting FIFA World Cup happening, the USWNT came into Hartford last week for a friendly against the French national team. I had never 'graphed soccer before, and am still getting used to the venues in my new city, but I was excited to see the women's national team since they really only come around every few years.

I arrived to the stadium early enough for the buses, and let me just say I have never wasted more time 'graphing in my life. There were at least 200 fans outside, and none of the players even so much as walked over.

Disappointed, I waited to get inside the stadium and planned to test my luck in there.

One of the United States stars, Hope Solo did not travel due to a "family issue", and ended up actually being arrested for domestic violence later in the week, which was kind of a bizarre twist.

Abby Wambach did not play at all, talk to any fans, sign for any fans, or seem to want anything to do with being around at the game.

This left me with 2 targets for the night. The first was superstar, Alex Morgan, and the second was rising star, Sydney Laroux.

I did end up meeting Alex Morgan which was cool, because she is basically the biggest star on the team. She was nice enough to sign a photo as well as take a picture with me:

 photo 20140622_232156_zpsdt7xfvky.jpg



I was also able to get a few more signatures on my ticket. Those were from Ali Long, Tobin Heath, and Kelley O'Hara.

 photo 20140622_232213_zps9uswy6o6.jpg

Total Autographs for 2014: 129

No comments:

Post a Comment