Friday, June 13, 2014

Daughtry, The Goo Goo Dolls, & Plain White T's 6/12/14

I had been thinking about going to this show since the tour was announced months ago, so I was super excited when I finally got tickets a few weeks ago. I had seen both headliners once before, and had met the Goo Goo Dolls, but had never met Daughtry, who is my favorite band.

The show was awesome as I expected it to be, and afterwards, my girlfriend and I had planned to go to the buses to see who we could meet. The funny thing is, as far as music goes she had a better collection than me by far. It was actually kind of cool to not have to be the one to know where to be for once, because usually I am the one who people are asking for 'graphing advice/help from.

On the way outside, we actually ran into Tom, the lead singer of Plain White T's. In their prime, the band was very popular, so it was kind of interesting to have them as an opener. We didn't watch their show, but I still wanted to meet them, so it was funny that we ran into Tom completely on accident. I took a picture with him, and had him sign a random ad that I had gotten during the night
(I hadn't prepared to meet them like I had the other bands).

 photo 20140613_175727_zpsmt9u48qa.jpg

So after that we went outside in hopes of meeting both the Goo Goo Dolls and Daughtry, but especially Daughtry for me, since they are my favorite band, and I have been following Chris Daughtry since American Idol almost a decade ago.

The first person to come over outside was Elvio from Daughtry, and he was pretty nice. He joked around with the crowd a lot, and he signed a photo I had.

 photo 20140613_175719_zpslrwrje9v.jpg

Soon after, Daughtry's manager came out and talked to the crowd and asked us to form a line. There are never any guarantees, but I felt really good with what was about to happen because of the manager actually talking to us. Very soon after this, Chris came walking towards us, and I felt more excited about a 'graphing opportunity than I had in a long time.

The line was probably about 30 people deep, and we were towards the end, but Chris went down the entire line, and was probably one of the nicest musicians I have ever met. He truly spent time with each fan, and that meant a lot to me because he is my favorite musician. He was nice enough to sign and take photos with my girlfriend and I.

 photo 20140613_175701_zpsoawgmxji.jpg

None of the Goo Goo Dolls came over, but I left very happy, and I couldn't have asked for much more.

Total Autographs for 2014:125

No comments:

Post a Comment