Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Actor/Comedian/Future Host of Late Night Seth Meyers

I've said it once, and I'll say it again: Nights like these are what keep me going in this hobby. One of my all-time favorite comedians, Seth Meyers was going to be at Uconn for a stand up show. To start off, I had gotten to the venue before the act for once(at least I thought at the time), but had a lot of time to kill. I decided to walk around the building a number of times(a rather large building), and for a long time it was going well until I turned the corner at one point and saw a car that wasn't at the stage door prior to my last trip around. It wasn't the typical celebrity ride, so I wasn't sure exactly if it was Seth's car, but at the end of the night it turned out to be.

If you remember from a lot of my other entries, I have NEVER gotten an act at Jorgensen before the show. In fact the only time I have gotten anyone before a show was when I got Kendrick Lamar and Steve Aoki back in the Spring(that event was in the Pavilion). I was annoyed that I missed Seth before the show because I was the only one out there at any given point.

Flash forward to after the show. I go back to my spot and there are AT LEAST 50 people waiting in a line. It was insane. I feel like this was in part my fault because when I met Donald Glover last fall nobody really knew about the spot until they saw me and another guy I know, then when I saw Kenan Thompson, the crowd was much bigger than Glover, and tonight was literally just incredible. I was just thinking the entire way home, "I have created a monster, that eventually will make my 'graphing attempts fail."

Anyways, when Seth came out, the crowd cheered, and he ran over to the end of the line.

He said,"I'll just run down the line because I have to get back to New York for a play!" He then proceeded to run down the line slapping everyone's hand. When he got to me, I held out my photo and marker. He bypassed it, and I think he just missed it. He got to the end of the line, started walking to his car, and I gave it one more shot. He heard me, turned around, ran over to just me, signed my photo quickly, waved and was on his way. I am so happy that the time paid off, and him coming back over to me is a memory that I will have forever.

I meet a lot of cool people, but I truly enjoy Seth's work, and he could have easily just waved and been on his way. I can't wait to see him in his biggest gig ever when he becomes the host of Late Night next year when Jimmy Fallon moves up to The Tonight Show.

As far as the show goes, he KILLED his set, and had the crowd laughing the entire time. He talked about politics, his new marriage, and even did some Weekend Update stuff.

 photo 1016132246a_zps9370bb06.jpg


Total Autographs for 2013:935

One of my favorite Seth Meyers videos:

No comments:

Post a Comment