Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Actor/Comedian Patton Oswalt(King of Queens,Young Adult, Ratatouille) 1/6/15

Last week I finished off my winter break from school by making my first 'graphing trip to New York City in about 2 years to meet an actor from one of my all-time favorite tv shows, Patton Oswalt. Besides his role as Spence on King of Queens, Patton is known for his stand up comedy specials, his supporting role in Young Adult, and as the voice of Ratatouille.

This was a book signing at a store in which I had attended many events at in prior years, and had generally great experiences with in the past. The event details said that one outside item would be allowed to be signed which was a nice surprise, and not usually something that is guaranteed to happen at book signings.

I ended up being the first person at the event, and waited for the discussion to start. John Hodgman was on hand to talk to Patton about the new book, and their discussion was hilarious. I truly enjoyed my time there, and I actually connected to a lot of things Patton talked about in his life which was honestly really nice.

 photo IMG_0061_zps6bd51955.jpg

When the signing started, I was the first in line, and Patton was nicer than I could have imagined. He actually listened to everything I told him, thanked me 3-4 times during our short conversation, and seemed to be a pretty genuine guy. I wish more famous people were this friendly, but at the end of the day those who aren't are major pieces in what makes the hobby interesting. I ended up getting two books, and a photo signed, as well as a picture taken with him:


 photo 20150113_205248_zpsr5fpjthd.jpg

 photo 20150113_205329_zpsscjswean.jpg

 photo 20150113_205310_zps3pzheiqm.jpg

 photo 1420598248202_zps47861f13.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment