Sunday, October 12, 2014

Boston Celtics Vs. New York Knicks 10/11/14

I took a few months off because I had so much going on, but I promised you guys I would be back this fall, and after a great night Thursday, as well as tonight, it's safe to say that I'm back.

Tonight, the Boston Celtics, my favorite basketball team of course, had their second of 2 preseason games in Connecticut this week, and this one happened to be at Mohegan Sun. I have been pretty successful in the past with basketball at Mohegan Sun, so it was kind of a no brainer to at least give the game a shot, even though I had never been to an NBA game there.

I did the usual, which for those who don't know and want to get autographs at basketball games is: go down to your favorite team's tunnel, know every player's name, and hope they don't "big league" you.

Lucky for me, I know every player on the Celtics, and also lucky for me, 90% of them were feeling nice!

I started off things on a good note by getting Marcus Thornton's autograph literally the minute I got to my spot.

After that, the ink just kept flowing... Brandon Bass, Kelly Olynyk, Evan Turner, and many more. I had never experienced such an influx of players stopping after warmups. It was just amazing. It did help that I was one of the only people who knew just about every player, so each player almost always stopped for me first.

I ended up getting the following players: Avery Bradley, Jeff Green, Kelly Olynyk, Brandon Bass, Evan Turner, Jared Sullinger, and Marcus Thornton.

The only bad part of the entire night was that I saw Danny Ainge twice, and he wasn't having it.The first time he ignored me completely, and the second time he looked right at me, thought about stopping, and decided not to. I was okay with that though since I did great with the team.

Cedric Maxwell was there as well, but I just never got close to him.

The guys that I asked to sign that didn't on the Celtics were Marcus Smart, and Gerald Wallace. Tyler Zeller ran in before anyone could ask him, but he wouldn't have signed anyway.

The legendary, Walt "Clyde" Frazier was at the game doing the tv broadcast for the Knicks. He ignored me on his way onto the court, but after the game I was able to make my way down, and he signed for me. I was shocked because for one, he is an absolute legend, and for two, he was acting completely out of it. He wouldn't even look at anyone, so I was surprised he signed.

Overall, I was more than pleased with how I did at this game, and it really switched me from baseball to basketball mode. Next up is UCONN First Night!

I didn't know what to expect going into this game so I just printed a team sheet for the Celtics:



 photo IMG_0745_zpsaf0d847c.jpg

From top to bottom:
Jared Sullinger, Jeff Green, Marcus Thornton, Evan Turner,Kelly Olynyk, Avery Bradley, & Brandon Bass

Here is the Walt Frazier 'graph!:


 photo IMG_0752_zpsb08e2cd4.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment