Saturday, April 5, 2014

Pawtucket Vs. Lehigh Valley(Phillies) Opening Night 4/3/14 (Maikel Franco, Steve Horgan)

It's so nice to have baseball back again, and even though I didn't have much time at all for 'graphing at Thursday's game I was able to go to Pawtucket's home opener and get a few items done. On my way to the stadium, I was on Instagram and saw that Red Sox legend, Jason Varitek was on the field during Pawtcket's batting practice. Unfortunately the stadium only opens up 90 minutes before the games, and I knew Pawtucket would probably be off the field by the time I got inside, and I was right.

As always, I was there in time to see the visiting team's batting practice, in this case the Lehigh Valley Ironpigs, who started the season with the Phillies #1 overall prospect, Maikel Franco.

There were maybe 10+ people waiting for Franco to come off of the field after batting practice, and he signed for all of us. I believe I was 3rd to get him.


 photo 20140405_135254_zpstf6rqp9f.jpg
 photo 20140405_135310_zps1uk8nuuk.jpg

I knew I wouldn't be able to stay after the game so he would be the only player I got an autograph from that night, however I came prepared, since Boston Bullpen Cop, Steve Horgan would be in attendance to throw out the first pitch. Most people will remember why he is famous, but for those who don't, here is a reminder:


Steve was really nice, and kind of quiet but signed anything people had, and took photos. I really give him credit because even on his way into the stadium, and just walking around, SO many people stopped him, and he was very nice to all of them. If any Sox fans are interested, I can let a few go:


 photo 20140405_134640_zpsi3i5fedk.jpg
 photo 20140405_134753_zps1ttzgvlf.jpg
 photo 20140405_134834_zpsbffgbhys.jpg
 photo 20140405_134913_zpsjf8xhmhq.jpg


Total Autographs for 2014:45

No comments:

Post a Comment