Thursday, January 9, 2014

Uconn Vs. Harvard 1/8/14

For the third season in a row I was able to go to the match up between the Huskies and Crimson in Storrs, which is always a close one. Both teams were very sloppy, but Uconn was able to win out in the end.

I was surprisingly able to sneak down to courtside after the game(actually VERY hard to do at Uconn). I still had my Ricky Moore Sports Illustrated that I've been carrying around for two years, and he told me he would get me later. I wasn't able to get anybody inside so I headed outside into the 12 degree weather. Storrs is also super windy, which always makes things more interesting(and bone-chilling cold).

The first person I got last night was actually Uconn legend, and Hall of Famer, Jim Calhoun. I happened to be walking out and by the door he usually comes out, and he was in the lobby at the perfect time. He was very nice as always, and signed, then went on his way.

 photo DSC03637_zps950b46e8.jpg

I believe the next person I got was Wesley Saunders of Harvard,who I had a magazine for, as well as a few photos. I should have gotten the photos signed in silver, but I wasn't about to risk it in the cold, and the blue was hard enough to dry.

 photo DSC03640_zpsd5c81b9a.jpg
 photo DSC03634_zps2bf77ec1.jpg
 photo DSC03633_zpsd12181a2.jpg
 photo DSC03632_zps824d0494.jpg

I was able to meet former Duke stand out and current Harvard head coach, Tommy Amaker, for the third season in a row. He is always a very kind guy.


 photo DSC03631_zpse8796fb4.jpg

Niels Giffey, who is having his best season for Uconn this year was next, and we talked to him for a few minutes which was cool.

 photo DSC03636_zps0a45cf9e.jpg

I was able to get Ryan Boatright on a couple of items. The magazine with Wesley Saunders(above), as well as a program from a while back.


 photo DSC03635_zpsd5e9b4d7.jpg

I also saw DeAndre Daniels.

 photo DSC03641_zps51aaa8db.jpg

I saw Ricky Moore outside for the first time ever, and was FINALLY able to get my Sports Illustrated signed. I'll probably buy another one, but hopefully that one doesn't take 2 years to get signed.

 photo DSC03639_zps773b3097.jpg

I finished the night on a very strong note by getting 13 year NBA veteran, and Uconn Head Coach, Kevin Ollie. Kevin is a very nice guy, but I have gotten him very few times. My last time had been this past June at the Travelers.
 photo DSC03638_zpse1565386.jpg


Total Autographs for 2014:15

No comments:

Post a Comment