Monday, September 2, 2013

2012&2013 ACM Vocal Duo of the Year, Thompson Square 9/1/13

It is fair season in New England, and while working/being at school a lot caused me to miss some really big names/groups in the last few weeks, I had a chance last night to finally meet another music act( the last was The Goo Goo Dolls way back in the Spring).

Thompson Square was playing a few minutes away from my house. I got to the fair a few hours before the show, and to my surprise there were 4-5 other people trying to get them. There was great access by the bus(we were behind a fence, but were mere feet away, and had a great view.) We were told that they wouldn't sign unless in was at the Meet and Greet which goes towards a charity they greatly support. I held out for a while, but just decided that I would do the Meet and Greet. I usually don't pay for autographs, because it somewhat defeats the whole idea of ' 'graphing' ', but it was for a good charity, and my chances at meeting anyone have been dwindling, and will be almost non-existent until basketball season, so it was worth it.

Both Keifer and Shawna were extremely nice, and signed whatever people had. I got 4 photos signed, plus a free one that was included with the Meet and Greet. They also had a photographer taking photos of everyone, so hopefully I can get that eventually.

Their show afterwards was VERY good. If you like country music it was fantastic.

The crowd was actually really big, here is a photo from the duo's official twitter account:




 photo DSC02245_zps48e59e54.jpg
 photo DSC02246_zps40470ebf.jpg
 photo DSC02247_zpscb6ce175.jpg
 photo DSC02248_zps87710e6a.jpg

Total Autographs for 2013:927

No comments:

Post a Comment