Sunday, August 28, 2016

John Mellencamp 4/20/16

This is one of those really good successes for me that built up pretty quickly. I knew John Mellencamp would be having a show close by for a while, but did not know if I would be able to make it over. After work I decided that I wanted to go, so I went to the mall to find a record for him to sign, and luckily I got the last one in the store which happened to be a numbered anniversary edition, which was kind of cool.

I also decided to go to the show because I am a fan of his, and even though my time was running short, I decided to try to meet him on his way into the show. When I got to the venue I waited for a few minutes and I was halfway down the sidewalk when I saw his vehicle pulling up. The setup at this venue is one that you can't get right to the door, but you can get close enough for the acts to hear you. Regardless, he went in very quickly so I knew I would have to try my luck later on.

The show was pretty awesome, and I am definitely glad that I decided to go.

Afterwards, I saw him run out into a trailer which i think was acting as a dressing room, and maybe ten or twenty minutes later, someone from his tour came out to collect items from the 3 or 4 of us waiting.

A few minutes later, the guy came back out, and here was the result:


 photo 13015285_10207317121300295_8923116030133171748_n_zpszwr7efcl.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment