Monday, September 7, 2015

New York Mets Vs. Boston 8/30/15

Last weekend I went to Citi Field for the first time on a group trip to see the Mets play the Red Sox. It is often tough for me on group trips to get autographs at the games because of timing, but this time we ended up showing up before gates opened which was pretty awesome.


 photo 3FD65748-472A-4710-B285-4CCE2DF2E2D6_zpsm9b5vvh8.jpg

This was my 5th different Major League Stadium, and as always, I was very excited to knock another one off of my list. In order, I have been to: RFK Stadium in Washington, Fenway Park, Camden Yards, Yankee Stadium, and now Citi Field.

Since it was a Sunday, I knew there wouldn't be batting practice which would limit my chances for autographs, but when I got inside, the pitchers were throwing, and I already saw someone signing. When I got closer, about halfway down the stairs, I could see that it was Clay Buchholz. I hadn't met him in about 7-8 years,  around the time when he threw his no-hitter.

When I got down to him he was nicer than I had ever seen him, which was pretty great, and he even took a photo with me!:


 photo 5FA57214-6B1A-4854-A18A-FDA1315F2BDD_zpsjfp6we1k.jpg



A few minutes later, Eduardo Rodriguez started to sign after an obnoxious woman was screaming his name for 10 minutes. He signed for her and about 4 others. I missed out which was a bummer, but no big deal I suppose.

Craig Breslow also signed for a while, but I just wasn't in position, and I didn't want to move because I had a really solid spot in the front row. I always joke around saying, I've met over 140 Red Sox players, and he is one of the nicest athletes in Boston, but I just have terrible luck with him.

After that I was able to get one more autograph. Steven Wright was coming over and I really wanted to talk to him because I had seen him play for a few years in Pawtucket and he was always one of the nicest and most fan-friendly guys. I told him about seeing him in Pawtucket for so long and how I was happy that he had really made it and has been sticking around.


 photo E4FD475A-84F5-4046-91AF-362C6C4A2CE5_zpsh7nlqdj4.jpg

I only got two autographs, but it was an awesome day, and Citi Field definitely became one of my favorite stadiums to watch a game at/enjoy the overall experience. People may call me crazy but I mighhhttt like it as much as Camden Yards.


 photo CCEFB391-6FD1-446A-AF2F-4A1AC0740DC1_zpsauwjg4od.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment