Friday, May 9, 2014

Pawtucket Vs. Toledo 5/5/14

As some of my Twitter followers may know, I actually went to this game on Monday night, but because of studying for finals, and completing a few projects I had no chance to squeeze in time to write an entry.

My main goal with Toledo was to meet former MLB pitcher(most notably with the Tigers), Nate Robertson.

There was batting practice, so I knew if he was in the mood to sign, there would be a good chance of me getting him and that's exactly what happened. He was shagging fly balls in the outfield, and when he came in he had no problem signing at all.

 photo 20140509_195200_zpsyjlzvsdt.jpg

I hadn't really prepared any baseball cards or anything for the rest of the team, mainly because this game was kind of short notice, and I knew I probably wouldn't be staying after the game because I had a final the next morning.

Regardless, I ended up getting many guys on a team piece:
Included are, Casey Crosby, Coach Larry Parrish, who became my 119th Red Sox I have ever met, Brandon Douglas, Former big leaguer Trevor Crowe, Hernan Perez, and Kyle Lobstein.
 photo 20140509_195217_zpshayvccfw.jpg

This will be my last Pawtucket entry for quite some time, because I am starting a new job farther out in Connecticut. On a good note, that will allow me to go to the much more 'graphing-friendly, New Britain Stadium, where baseball's #1 overall prospect, Byron Buxton, will be arriving any day now.

Total Autographs For 2014:112

No comments:

Post a Comment